Sermon Series February 19 – March 29, 2017
February 19 – “A Matter of the Heart” Luke 6: 43-49
- Regardless of all of our plans and actions, if our hearts are not right, there is little accomplished.
February 26 – “Heart Transplant” Proverbs 15:13
- The Bible speaks often about the heart. It is more than just the blood-pump in our chests; it means everything to our lives. This message looks at some if the ways "heart" is used in scripture.
- Gideon Speaker
March 5 – “Do You Have A Heart of Stone?” Ezekiel 36: 26-27
- The stone heart is resistant to God. We need a change of heart from hard, resistant stone to soft, Spirit-pliable material.
- Lords Supper
March 12 – “Heart Rate” Psalms 51: 1-12
- God can construct pure hearts within us. We are either too up or too down when serving God.
March 19 – “Heart Choice” Luke 18: 9-14
- The idea of this message is to see the contrast between our tendencies to be self-serving or self-promoting versus having the humble spirit that promotes God. The Pharisee and Tax Collector are the examples we will consider.
March 26 – “Cross My Heart” Matthew 5: 21-24
- In the cross, Jesus illustrates the relationship that we have with God (the vertical) and others (the horizontal). It appears that God places a much higher emphasis on the horizontal than we may realize.
June 2014 Sermon Series